INTERNATIONAL CORPORATE & BUSINESS
Understanding what taxes are required to be paid and maximizing tax efficiency are top of the agenda for businesses with cross border interests.
In an increasingly global business landscape new opportunities can present themselves in any location around the world. Conducting business internationally presents a set of complex tax considerations in terms of efficiency for the business and compliance, both in the UK and overseas.
Francis Clark Tax Consultancy has a dedicated team of international corporate and business tax specialists with international experience and international tax qualifications which is headed by Stuart Rogers. Whether you or your client are a UK business looking to expand, an overseas business interested in the UK market or the business is already multi-national, Stuart and his expert team can advise on a wide range of international tax matters, covering:
- Setting up a business overseas for the first time
- Withholding taxes
- Creation of permanent establishments
- Payroll tax obligations
- Structuring of operations including the foreign branch exemption
- Controlled Foreign Companies legislation
- Transfer of assets abroad and Capital Gains Tax anti-avoidance legislation
- VAT issues, particularly in an EU context
- Transfer pricing, thin-capitalisation and the impact of the OECD BEPS programme
- Intellectual property planning
- Operation of the UK R&D and Patent Box tax regimes
- Inbound business start-ups or acquisitions
- Corporate tax residency
- Double tax treaty issues
Planning is crucial. We can help you and your clients make those important early decisions that will help shape future succcess and avoid unnecessary mistakes. These include:
- Staffing overseas – local recruitment or UK personnel
- Personal tax for UK personnel – UK tax resident or overseas residency
- Foreign tax on your business’ presence – do you need to create a permanent establishment?
- Choice of business entity – branch or subsidiary?
- Registration for local tax – What do you need to do about VAT registration (or local equivalent), business taxes, eployee tax and social security?
- Repatriation of profits
- UK anti-avoidance rules
- Foreign Currency/Banking requirements
Our “First Steps Abroad” provides a checklist addressing these issues and others in more detail to help you to get started.
In addition to our team of international corporate and business specialists, we have access to professional advisers in 150 countries around the world through our links with PKF International.
If you would like to discuss how we can help you further please get in touch with one of the team: